Monday, February 1, 2010

Progress!

I did it! I finished the 3 bedroom desk drawers and the kitchen drawer! I even added to this objective and cleaned out the linen closet and the linen press!



So, despite my desperate efforts to avoid doing anything in the advancement of my tiny goal of these 4 drawers, I did it! I do, however, believe, that I must have somehow become the proud owner of a pen factory. This is clearly evidenced in the huge collection of pens I found while cleaning out these drawers. How can any family of 3 need 100 pens and pencils at arms reach in the kitchen and bedroom? It's not exactly like we spend much time writing anything longhand. To make matters worse, more than half the pencils (the mechnical type) had no lead, so they were not even functional. What a space waster!



I decided that since one bookcase was right next ot the linen press in the loft by the stairs, I should go through it to see if there was anything we absolutely still needed. As expected, there were books in there no one had touched in at least 5 or 6 years. And some books that we moved from our old house to the new house (2003) had not seen eyes since Katie was 8. Since she is now 18 (AGH!), these books need a new home.



I put together some pretty linens, a box of books, a few pieces of nice costume jewelry, and a television set for donation. Luckily, my son called me this morning to tell me one of our local charities called and will have a truck in the area tomorrow morning. The stuff is getting a new home, some other people are getting some nice stuff and reading material, and I am clearing out.



A win-win day is had by all!



Now, I need to start taking pictures before I get too far into the project so I have enough "before and after" photographs. It is this visual evidence that will probably be my only chance to not accumulate more stuff to take the place of the reduced inventory!

No comments:

Post a Comment