Sunday, January 31, 2010

Harder than I thought

I got a little sidetracked yesterday. I did actually work on some drawers. I just didn't finish them. I get a little distracted sometimes (huh? a little??).

I started a desk drawer on Friday. Didn't quite finish, but decided to start 3 desk drawers in the bedroom Saturday. Didn't finish them, then worked on the kitchen freezer. I actually finished this task, then worked on the drawers more.

My issues seem to be getting bored with the task at hand, allowing distractions, and getting involved with something else.

Yeah, that's it. I stopped and went shopping with my 18 year old daughter to get something to wear to a semi-costume party (for her, not me) :-)

So, now it is Sunday and I am ready to jump in with both feet! I thought I would be so much further ahead. Ha. I will be SO happy to finish all 4 drawers today. Maybe I should note that there seem to be hundreds of little "things" in the drawers, like a huge number of pens, pencils, buttons and loose change. Daunting. So here goes....again! If I get the drawers done, I will progress to the second freezer! Then I will really feel like I have accomplished a lot for the past few days.

Another question has been how to organize the drawers so that what I save is actually in order. I threw out an entire garbage bag of junk from 3 tiny drawers. I put the pictures I found into an archival photo organization box with dividers, and put ticket stubs and other small memorabilia in the scrapbooking supplies in another area of the house. So, actually, there is progress and organization. I still need to put dividers in the drawers. I think the kitchen style dividers would be nice, except the drawers are too shallow for these. I may have to make my own.

I still do not have a clue as to how to sell my unfinished wood surfaces, glasses and ornaments I have stored in the basement storeroom without losing a lot of money. I don't want to donate them, I have too much invested. I just can't save the stuff anymore. Maybe I should just donate all of it. I wonder. What is best for the pocket may not be what is best for the psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment